The Coalition for Racial & Ethnic Equity in Development is excited to announce the appointment of 13 new member signatory organizations to the CREED Board of Directors. Each member signatory organization is represented by an Executive and Supporting Member.
The additions to the Board include:
● Blumont: Jonathan Nash, President and CEO; Susan Peacock, Chief Human Resources Officer
● Chemonics: Susan Pascocello, General Counsel; Kenya Dugger, Senior Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
● Equilo Foundation: Patricia T. Morris, President
● Food Enterprise Solutions: Russ Webster, President & CEO; Roberta Lauretta-Bernhard, Director of Programs
● Global Communities: Carrie Hessler Radelet, President & CEO; Sheila Crowley, Executive Vice President, and COO
● Jefferson Consulting Group: Janet Clement, CEO; Angela Dorsey, Vice President
● Pathfinder: Crystal Lander, Chief Strategic Engagement Officer; Tori Willis, Senior Administrative Manager
● Partners of the Americas: John McPhail, President & CEO; Natalie Abegesah, Vice President of Human Resources
● Plan International USA: Shanna Marzilli, President & CEO; Jennifer Trainor, Chief Marketing Officer
● Social Impact: Shiro Gnanaselvam, President & CEO; Eskedar Brantley,Vice President of People and Culture
● Winrock International: Charlotte Young, General Counsel; Tayo Rockson, Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
These new Directors — who officially began their Board service on March 14, 2023 — join the existing Board, composed of representatives from six organizations. The original Board members, listed below, comprise the Board’s Executive Committee:
● ACDI/VOCA: Sylvia Megret, President & CEO; Jenn Williamson, Vice President, Gender and Social Inclusion
● International Youth Foundation: Susan Reichle, President & CEO; Yvonna Stevens, CFO & EVP of Finance, Administration, and IT
● KAUR Strategies: Indira Ahluwalia, President; CREED, Founder/Chair
● Palladium: Maria (Masha) Martinkov, Managing Partner; Farley Cleghorn, Global Head, Health Practice
● Pyxera Global: Deirdre White, CEO; Soud Habbas, COO
● RTI International: Paul Weisenfeld,Executive Vice President for International Development; Richard Reithinger, Distinguished Research Fellow
CREED’s Board members are committed to leading, operationalizing, and sustaining CREED’s mission of building awareness, learning, and responsibility for advancing racial and ethnic equity (REE) in the international development and humanitarian assistance sector. The Directors will lead the Board’s Executive, Governance, Finance and Fundraising, Engagement and Communications, and Learning Committees.
“We welcome the new Directors to the CREED Board. Together, we represent large, medium and small not-for-profit and for-profit organizations working across the international development sector,” said Indira Ahluwalia, CREED Founder/Chair and President of KAUR Strategies. “While we have different perspectives and lived experiences, what binds us together is our inherent commitment and strong desire to work together to strategically and systemically advance REE.”
The Coalition for Racial & Ethnic Equity in Development (CREED) is a collective of international development and humanitarian assistance organizations based in the United States committed to building racial and ethnic equity. We pledge to advance racial and ethnic diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within our own organizations’ policies, systems and culture in keeping with attainable and measurable goals; and work to instill REE in international development.