Objectives of the Training Manual
• Enhance Parent Teacher Association (PTA) capacities to effectively perform their roles and responsibilities.
• Equip the PTA with knowledge and skills to differentiate between roles and the responsibilities of the PTA and the School Management Committee (SMC) and Board of Governor (BOG).
• Increase the knowledge and understanding of the PTA in the basic roles of school administration and the support the PTA provides for school management.
• Promote basic understanding of factors affecting participation of girls, disadvantaged children and children with disabilities in education.
• Equip the PTA with skills in resource mobilization and raising financial and non-financial resources for school improvement.
• Equip the PTA with basic principles of community participation in education and implement appropriate educational advocacy actions that promote access to education programs, retention and school attendance at different levels.
• Enhance PTA capacities to identify hazards that could impact on the continuation of learning and to develop a school emergency preparedness plan.