We are continuously inspired by the excellent technical work and the lasting people-to-people connections forged by Winrock’s Farmer-to-Farmer volunteers. What better day to celebrate their efforts than today, National Agriculture Day!
Since 1991, Winrock volunteers have completed more than 5,400 assignments in 56 countries. Each of our volunteers has played an important part in strengthening international agriculture, and essentially, helping to feed the world.
Special thanks to the 16 American volunteers who are currently on assignment today! These brilliant and dedicated women and men are sharing their expertise to:
- develop new, demand-driven courses at Guinea’s agriculture university
- train trainers and service providers to support youth entrepreneurship in Bangladesh and Nepal
- strengthen farmer and fishers associations in Myanmar
- develop new agriculture curriculum in Bangladesh
- improve technical skills and service delivery to support dairy and goat production in Nepal
- train lead farmers on drip irrigation in Senegal
- introduce improved teaching methods for university-level agriculture courses in Mali
Check out our Facebook page to see photos of recent volunteers in action!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Winrock-Volunteers/267409859955100
Happy Agriculture Day!