Winrock Privacy Statement
Last Revised: December 1, 2022
Winrock International is an Arkansas not-for-profit corporation with headquarters located at 2101 Riverfront Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202 USA (“Winrock,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”). Winrock takes your privacy seriously and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (as defined below).
This Privacy statement (“Statement”) describes our practices in connection with Personal Information that we collect through:
- Websites from which you are accessing this Statement (the “Websites”);
- Our social media pages located at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Statement or other communications with you; and
- Offline interactions with you and our work activities in connection with you (as described here), such as to enable your participation in fundraising activities, deliver our Services to you or receive services from you.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Social Media Pages, emails and offline activities as the “Services”.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. If you are an applicant or volunteer, please refer to this Notice.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
We will store, use, and share Personal Information about you in accordance with this Statement.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect the following Personal Information:
- Name and contact details (such as first and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, race);
- Business contact details (such as company name, job title, business email address, business telephone number, business postal address, country of business);
- Account information (such as your username and password, and other information you share in your account);
- Disability status;
- Personal details (such as interests or philanthropic pursuits and/or details regarding your active duty or veteran status);
- Financial information (such as information regarding an individual’s income);
- Information to enable your donation, including amount and frequency;
- Comments or messages provided in free text boxes (such as names of people you would like to honor through a donation);
- Any feedback that you provide us with such as about our Services through the Feedback section of our Websites;
- Other relevant Services-related data (such as individual requests, statistics, etc.).
In some circumstances, we may also collect Personal Information of a more sensitive nature, for example, if you voluntarily provide us with information that reveals your ethnicity, political views, philosophical beliefs or offense-related information, such as human rights abuses. We may use this type of data, for example, if you share your experience with us about issues that we advocate for. Unless we request it, we ask that you do not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services. You may provide us and we may obtain Personal Information, for example, when you:
- Request information or otherwise communicate or interact with us;
- Request to be added to our supplier list;
- Make a donation; or
- Subscribe to our emails or newsletters.
- From Other Sources. We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases (such as Personal Information you post to public forums, including message boards); or
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Statement.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Progressing our organization’s mission and objectives.
- To administer, develop and improve the content and operation of our programs.
- To enable your participation in or contribution to our programs.
- Providing the Services and support for Services you request.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your donor account.
- To respond to your inquiries, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions or suggestions.
- Organizing events and trainings.
- To organize and facilitate your participation in our events, such as trainings, conferences or seminars.
- Processing your donations.
- To facilitate your donations, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To contact you about Services and offers that are relevant to you, including newsletters with information about our Services and other news about Winrock that are optimized for you, or to thank you for your support or donation.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our organizational purposes.
- To prevent unwanted messages or content;
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent malicious activity, such as cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft, and provide you with a secure experience;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current Services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures, and developing new Services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are most beneficial to our Website users and other recipients of our Services;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are most beneficial to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or transaction.
- We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our organization or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In order to encourage fundraising partnerships, Winrock may also disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations (total number of donors, amount of donations and referring websites), but seek not to include any names of individuals.
Collection of Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our newsletter campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 through our Websites, Social Media Pages or any other online interactions. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the Internet.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your Personal Information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, please contact us by using the details set out below in the “How to Contact Us” section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any action that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a donation, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of the donation).
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us. If you no longer want to receive our newsletters on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing-related emails.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Third Party Services
This Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, or any social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
Changes to this Statement
The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Statement indicates when this Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Statement on the Services.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. Please advise us of any concerns, suggestions or complaints by contacting Winrock at https://winrock.org/contact/ or:
Winrock International, 204 E. 4th Street, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114
+1 (001) 501-280-3000
Effective July 3, 2013
2. Use of Website and Content. The Website, including without limitation, any information, software, photographs, images, video, audio, graphics, or text on the Website (“Content”), and all patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, domain name, trade secret, and other proprietary rights therein are the sole property of Company and various third party owners. Subject to this TOU, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Website and the Content solely for informational purposes, and for no other purpose. You may not modify, publish, transmit, translate, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, the Website or any of the Content, in whole or in part. No copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted. You acquire no ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
3. Code of Conduct. While using the Website and the Content (including without limitation when you post messages or other information to the public forum portion of the Website, you will: (a) Comply with all federal, state and local laws that apply to your use of the Website and the Content; (b) Refrain from posting or transmitting through the Website any material that violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others (including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights); (c) Refrain from posting or transmitting material that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law, or contains advertising or any solicitation; (d) Refrain from using the Website and the Content in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server of Company, its affiliates or service providers, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website; (e) Not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, Content, or any services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server or to any of the services, through hacking, password mining or any other means; (f) Refrain from uploading, posting or making available on the Website any User Content (as defined below) protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any is not protected by copyright rests with you.
The Company makes no warranties or representations related to the Content or the Website and disclaims all liability for errors or omissions in the information presented. You acknowledge that while Company does not ordinarily monitor User Content, it reserves the right to refuse to accept User Content or to remove any User Content that is, in Company’s sole discretion, unacceptable, and to disclose User Content to law enforcement agencies or authorities who may investigate reports of misuse or abuse of the Website or the Content. You acknowledge that you use the Website is at your own risk.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of User Content you submit, transmit or otherwise make available, your use of the Website or the Content, your connection to the Website, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another party.
6. Trademarks. Unauthorized use of trademarks, service marks or logos owned or licensed by Winrock is strictly prohibited and may also be a violation of federal and state trademark laws.
7. Copyright. The Website and the Content are protected by U.S. copyright laws and owned by Winrock, its affiliates, and certain third party providers. Except as expressly provided in this TOU, you may not use, reproduce, modify, transmit, distribute or publicly display any part of the Website or the Content without the prior written consent of Winrock.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
a. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
b. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
c. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
d. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
e. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached by directing an e-mail to the Copyright Agent at admin@Winrock.org, or by letter sent postage prepaid to Winrock International, 2101 Riverfront Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202 USA; Attention: Copyright Agent.
8. Employment Applications. By submitting your application for employment by Winrock to our Website, you hereby authorize Winrock and its agent to take such actions as are reasonably required to process your application for employment. Without limitation, we may verify information provided in the job application, contact your references, and contact you for an interview or to provide additional information.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS SOLD ON THE WEBSITE’S MARKETPLACE, FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS OCCURRING ON THE WEBSITE, AND FOR ANY USER CONTENT.
10. Limitation of Liability. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR USER CONTENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DECISION OR ACTION TAKEN IN RELIANCE UPON ANY CONTENT, ANY DELAYS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN DELIVERY, NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT, OR FOR ANY TYPES OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Exclusion of Consequential Damages; Further Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART IN RELATION TO THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE USER CONTENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, AS WELL AS ANY OTHER WHERE LIABILITY OCCURS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF COMPANY AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS UNDER THIS TOU, OR ANY MATTER RELATING TO OR ARISING FROM THIS TOU, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ANY CLAIM OR ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY (INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, OR WARRANTY) SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER AND OUR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES.
12. Governing Law. The TOU shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Arkansas, USA, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing the Website you understand and agree that all transactions take place in Pulaski County, Arkansas and agree that the federal and state courts in Pulaski County, Arkansas have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes with the Company arising from or related to your use of the Website, Content, or User Content on the Website. You irrevocably consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts, and you irrevocably waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
13. Statute of Limitations. Except for claims arising from your misuse of the Website or the Content, or claims arising from the User Content, you agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action against us arising out of or related to use of the Website, the Content or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
14. Third Party Links. The Website may contain links to third party websites. The Company makes no representation regarding the content or accuracy of any website that you may access through the Website. The Company does not monitor and is not responsible for the content found on other websites that are linked from the Website. The Company does not imply endorsement, recommendation or sponsorship for any linked website or the services, products or advice described on the site, and the Company shall have no liability for its content, including its accuracy, subject matter, quality or timeliness, or any personal information that you provide to such site. USE OF SUCH SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. The views, opinions, statements, offers or other information or content expressed therein are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s), not of the Company.
15. Third Party Services. We may allow access to or advertise certain third-party product or service providers (“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of or purchase from such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on any Merchant sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
16. Security. The Company does not make warranties or representations regarding the security of Content or User Content. Data sent over the internet may be intercepted by third parties; if you are concerned about the security of your data, you should not send it over the internet.
17. User ID and Password. You may be provided with a user ID and password to access certain areas of the Website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password and are responsible for all uses of them, regardless of whether the uses were authorized by you. The Company prohibits the transfer or sharing of user IDs and passwords. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your user ID or password or any other breach of security.
18. Termination. You agree that Company may, in its discretion, and without prior notice, immediately terminate your access to the Website.
19. No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOU, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this TOU.
20. Waiver. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
21. Headings. The section and paragraph headings used in this TOU are inserted for convenience only and will not affect the meaning or interpretation of this TOU.
24. Contacting The Company. If you have Website questions, comments, or concerns, please email information@Winrock.org. Please include details of your questions, comments or concerns and your complete name and contact information.