Last Revised: December 1, 2022
Winrock International is an Arkansas not-for-profit corporation with headquarters located at 2101 Riverfront Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202 USA (“Winrock,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”). Winrock takes your privacy seriously and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information (as defined below).
This Privacy statement (“Statement”) describes our practices in connection with Personal Information that we collect through:
- Websites from which you are accessing this Statement (the “Websites”);
- Our social media pages located at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”);
- HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you that link to this Statement or other communications with you; and
- Offline interactions with you and our work activities in connection with you (as described here), such as to enable your participation in fundraising activities, deliver our Services to you or receive services from you.
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, Social Media Pages, emails and offline activities as the “Services”.
Please read this Statement carefully to understand our practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. If you are an applicant or volunteer, please refer to this Notice.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
We will store, use, and share Personal Information about you in accordance with this Statement.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect the following Personal Information:
- Name and contact details (such as first and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, race);
- Business contact details (such as company name, job title, business email address, business telephone number, business postal address, country of business);
- Account information (such as your username and password, and other information you share in your account);
- Disability status;
- Personal details (such as interests or philanthropic pursuits and/or details regarding your active duty or veteran status);
- Financial information (such as information regarding an individual’s income);
- Information to enable your donation, including amount and frequency;
- Comments or messages provided in free text boxes (such as names of people you would like to honor through a donation);
- Any feedback that you provide us with such as about our Services through the Feedback section of our Websites;
- Other relevant Services-related data (such as individual requests, statistics, etc.).
In some circumstances, we may also collect Personal Information of a more sensitive nature, for example, if you voluntarily provide us with information that reveals your ethnicity, political views, philosophical beliefs or offense-related information, such as human rights abuses. We may use this type of data, for example, if you share your experience with us about issues that we advocate for. Unless we request it, we ask that you do not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services. You may provide us and we may obtain Personal Information, for example, when you:
- Request information or otherwise communicate or interact with us;
- Request to be added to our supplier list;
- Make a donation; or
- Subscribe to our emails or newsletters.
- From Other Sources. We receive your Personal Information from other sources, for example:
- Publicly available databases (such as Personal Information you post to public forums, including message boards); or
- If you connect your social media account to your Services account, you will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us, for example, your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account.
We need to collect Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the Services. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Statement.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Progressing our organization’s mission and objectives.
- To administer, develop and improve the content and operation of our programs.
- To enable your participation in or contribution to our programs.
- Providing the Services and support for Services you request.
- To provide the Services’ functionality to you, such as arranging access to your donor account.
- To respond to your inquiries, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise, for example, when you send us questions or suggestions.
- Organizing events and trainings.
- To organize and facilitate your participation in our events, such as trainings, conferences or seminars.
- Processing your donations.
- To facilitate your donations, verify your information, and provide you with related customer service.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To contact you about Services and offers that are relevant to you, including newsletters with information about our Services and other news about Winrock that are optimized for you, or to thank you for your support or donation.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- Accomplishing our organizational purposes.
- To prevent unwanted messages or content;
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Services;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent malicious activity, such as cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft, and provide you with a secure experience;
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current Services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures, and developing new Services;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are most beneficial to our Website users and other recipients of our Services;
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our activities, for example, understanding which parts of our Services are most beneficial to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information:
- To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using the Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information.
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations.
- This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
- These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or transaction.
- We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our organization or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In order to encourage fundraising partnerships, Winrock may also disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations (total number of donors, amount of donations and referring websites), but seek not to include any names of individuals.
Collection of Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Services collect Other Information such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies.
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our newsletter campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Statement. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 through our Websites, Social Media Pages or any other online interactions. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the Internet.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your Personal Information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to access, correct, update, restrict, or delete Personal Information, object to or opt out of the processing of Personal Information, please contact us by using the details set out below in the “How to Contact Us” section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any action that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a donation, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of the donation).
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing-related emails from us. If you no longer want to receive our newsletters on a going-forward basis, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing-related emails.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Third Party Services
This Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, or any social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
Changes to this Statement
The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Statement indicates when this Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Statement on the Services.
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. Please advise us of any concerns, suggestions or complaints by contacting Winrock at https://winrock.org/contact/ or:
Winrock International, 204 E. 4th Street, North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114
+1 (001) 501-280-3000